Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Welcome to my life :)

I know, I know...another blog.

It's like an addiction, isn't it?

First, I had a homeschooling blog. Loved it. I talked about my family and our schoolwork. It was such a fun record of what we'd done and gave me a place to document the cute kid things that happened. I started getting hits from Google searches and the loss of privacy made me decide to close the blog.

Then there was my frugality blog. Code names, no locations...privacy was back. I enjoyed this blog, too, but for completely different reasons. This blog was about me. As time went on and my 'follower' list grew, I found myself having to defend myself against commenters. And defending my own life to strangers was a little crazy. I decided to step away from blogging and I made it private. Couldn't bring myself to delete it, but not willing to keep it out there.


And now I'm back. I've realized that I missed having an outlet for the frustrating things, an audience for the fun things and a record of the things I used to track. So, if you are here, you probably know me personally...or I feel like you do ;) Welcome to my new blog. Welcome to my life!

3 comments:

Thrift Store Mama said...

Thank God ! I was starting to wonder if it was something I did, or said, or I don't know ! So glad to see you back. Can't wait to read more.

Blessed said...

Hi! I'd follow you anywhere, hon. ; ) I was just saying to my DH that what I liked best about your other blog was that it was always interesting and reading it was like girlfriend time, which of course I am all about.

I know, last year I participated in a couple "linky" things, thinking it would be fun and a few more readers would be nice. But now that I am starting to get some spam (they are nice, inoffensive comments thus far, so I just ignore them) and have learned how to look at my blog "stats" and realize how many hits I am getting daily from image searches. . . I am starting to feel a little weirded out too! There is a setting you can use/I can use to keep external search engines from locating your blog easily, which I am considering, but then again there are times when legitimate people search specifically for me, and I'd like them to be able to find me. . . well, maybe not the MIL. ; ) ANYWAY, I understand the weirdness of the strangers commenting, and did not realize you were getting negativity/unwelcome comments--would definifely make me do the same.

I hope in one of your early posts you explain the name for your new blog! I'd love to hear it.

Stacy said...

TSM - Not at all!! I completely stepped away from blogging for awhile - quit writing, quit reading, quit checking my blog email, then whole kit and caboodle! Very happy (and excited) to be back and thrilled to be back in touch with you!

Blessed - You are always such a supporting and friendly voice :) Thank you! I had done the same thing at one point and then felt nervous later. All of those followers...but so few of them actually reading my blog. Made me feel a little weird and it created this pressure in my to find a niche because I thought readers expected me to be a certain type of blog or another and I'm just not willing to be niched. Stepping back was a nice start over for me. Nothing exciting in the name, though. My house is situated on land that had been an orchard. :)

Stacy