Monday, June 20, 2011

What I Eat

I mentioned a few days ago that I had checked out What I Eat at the library. I love everything this husband-wife duo has ever produced and was so excited. By the time I read the intro and the first few pages, I knew I was going to be doing my own version of this. Today was that day.

And, being a fat woman, I was a bit nervous. I knew immediately that I was going to be on my good behavior on photo day. However wrong it was, I planned to eat healthy foods and end with a decent caloric count. Instead, I woke up starving. *sigh*  Ate breakfast in the car (although it was packed and not McDonald's, thanks to this project). Discovered that the cafeteria was out of baked potatoes and French dressing at lunch and ended up with a hamburger and tater tots and just a small side salad. I don't mind raspberry vinaigrette but I don't love it enough for a full salad. ;-) Then, there is this fabulous coworker that keeps candy on her desk. Which is right next to mine. And did I mention I was hungry this morning? I can go days and days and never actually feel hungry...until I am admitting to every bite I take... Ugh.

Now that my excuses are out of the way...I present my "What I Eat" story. And yes, my coworkers think I'm a little odd for weighing and taking pictures of all my food today.

Breakfast
Sweet tea (Decaf Lipton with Stevia) - 24 ounces


Snack
Dove chocolates - 4 squares 


Lunch
Cheeseburger with provolone
Tater tots -
Salad with egg, cheese and carrot
True Delights Blueberry Crisps - 35 grams
Sweet tea (Decaf Lipton with Stevia) - 24 ounces

Snack


Snack
Peanut Butter Crunch cereal - 112 grams
Water
Dinner
Leftovers (homemade mac and cheese) - 319 grams
Water 

That's 2,292 calories. Seriously. Who knew mac and cheese and Cap'n Crunch would totally do me in? And, for the record, who knew that bowl of cereal was FOUR SERVINGS??

Throw me in the mix of the What I Eat project and I would be number 22 of 80. Of course, "American Cubicle Farm Inhabitant" isn't unique enough to qualify so I think I'm out of luck for any future version of the book ;-)

3 comments:

Blessed said...

We have one of the books by this planet--Material World, I think?--and love it. Have not read the others. So, did I miss where you said what the premise of the book is? Do you compare a day's intake with others in the world?

You have me very curious! I think I'll have to see if my library has a copy.

Jessica said...

Sounds like an interesting book!

Stacy said...

Blessed - If you like Material World, you should check out the others! This one is a collection of one-day diet diaries for 80 people around the world and it's organized by calories consumed. It starts with an 800 calorie day from a Maasai herder and ends with a 12,300 calorie binge eater in England. It's fascinating.