Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Trying something new

My aunt has a doctor she swears by. Not a naturopath, not homeopathic, but also not mainstream. My aunt hasn't been in hospitalized since she started on the supplements recommended by this doctor. She's referred several people and all have had similar, fantastic results.

I look at Ike and feel like there is something at the root of so many of his issues. I've researched so many things, debated special diets, tested some basic eliminations like milk, and read so many books. I can't find a cause that explains everything...or even most things. Unsure where to go to find this answer, I decided to call my aunt's doctor and made an appointment.

Ike's first visit was today and I was fascinated. It's nutrition response testing. She started with a questionnaire that included tons of topics and a history that started before his birth. Then, she did an analysis. Here's an section of the explanation: The analysis is done through testing the body's own neurological reflexes and acupuncture points. Ike was instructed to lift his arm to the side and try to keep it straight. She would tap the points while pressing on his arm. These points on the body are related to a flow of energy in the organs and function of the body. Once she determined the problem areas through this checking of active energy, she figured out the nutrition needed to counterattack the active reflexes. It was crazy, weird and cool, all at the same time.

Three systems were identified as week. First was adrenal. Third was gallbladder. Second was something else in that area but for the life of me I have no idea what it was. *laugh*  No idea. Anyhow, it all sounded like a great match for Ike's needs. The doctor thinks she can get his body back in balance and it will address his stomach issues, leg pains, migraines, asthma and allergies. Seriously.

We left with 2 supplements - A-F Betafood and Drenamin. He takes 6 of each a day, 2 at each meal. He is less than thrilled about 12 pills a day, especially since he just learned to swallow pills last week when he started his ADHD med! However...I feel really good about this. I think that we need to try to find out what is causing him to have so many issues. We need to try and fix whatever we can. Sp...here we are :)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I did something similar in 2007 for my Crohn's - went to a chiropractor that did similar testing. He looked into things that normal doctors wouldn't consider. Through that testing we discovered my soy intolerance.

I had over 12 different supplements (same brand Ike is taking)I was taking, but unfortunately they didn't work for me because my flare up was too far gone. But once I healed that flare up, I took the docs advice and changed my diet/lifestyle. I haven't had issues since.

I'm a firm believer that anything can be treated with the proper formula of food and rest, but I think it's different for every person. While mainstream medicine treats us as one size fits all, homeopaths treat us as individuals.

I hope you and Ike get the answers and healing you want from this doctor!!

Thrift Store Mama said...

I say why the hell not ?!?! I think that's good parenting when people are willing to try anything for their kids.